2015 Merchants’ Night
Everyone is invited to this year’s Merchants’ Night, hosted annually by the Slocan District Chamber of Commerce. Set for Thursday, December 10 from 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. in the downtown New Denver, this night out on the town is a wonderful opportunity to support New Denver’s merchants who work tirelessly year-round, proudly offering quality goods and services.
Main street will be closed to traffic to make mingling on the street easier, restaurants, cafes and stores will stay open late (be sure to reserve ahead if you want a seat at Rory’s), and specials and activities will be offered at various locations.
Some of the evening’s activities include:
- Santa Claus will arrive outside Kootenay Savings Credit Union at 6:00 p.m.
- The May Queen Committee and local Royalty will serve free hot chocolate, hotdogs and locally made goodies outside Kootenay Savings Credit Union.
- Local youth will host this year’s cookie decorating at the Outlet Youth Centre on Main Street.
- A Merchants’ Draw Prize is ready to be won – simply pick up a card to have initialed at all the local shops and drop it off to the Valley Voice office before 8:00 p.m.
- Carolers will serenade the streets.
Please take the time to come down and help celebrate this wonderful community and its residents! This event is made possible with the support of Columbia Power Corporation and the Columbia Basin Trust.