Request for Comments on Residential Inclining Block Electricity Rates

July 13, 2016  |  Public Notices

The BC Minister of Energy and Mines has asked the British Columbia Utilities Commission (Commission) to report to the Government of BC on the impact of British Columbia Hydro and Power Authority (BC Hydro) and FortisBC Inc.’s (FortisBC) residential inclining block electricity rates (often referred to as the Residential Conservation Rate or RCR) on customers in regions without access to natural gas.

If you are a residential electricity customer of BC Hydro or FortisBC without access to natural gas, the Commission is seeking your comments on:
• the impacts you have experienced or identified from the residential inclining block electricity rates; and
• your awareness of ways to mitigate any impacts.

Please click on the following link for more information: BCUC RIB Report Proceeding – Public Notice