Village of New Denver Mayor, Council, and staff would like to remind the public that we do not tolerate bullying, harassment, or vandalism.
At any time when you see Village Public Works staff or Village contractors on job sites, they are at their place of work and must be treated with respect. Harassment of any kind has no place in the workplace and will not be tolerated. Harassment of Village employees or contractors outside of work hours for issues pertaining to the Village will also not be tolerated.
Some examples of possible harassment include, but are not limited to:
- Verbal abuse, yelling, and/or making threats;
- Making degrading or offensive comments, gestures, or jokes;
- Spreading malicious gossip or rumours;
- Inappropriate communication through social media, e-mail, or instant messaging;
- Actual or threatened physical contact or assault;
- Bullying or intimidation (e.g. sabotaging work equipment, interfering with someone’s ability to perform their duties, exclusionary practices, etc.).
It is essential that all communication with the Village be done through the appropriate channels. Questions, concerns, complaints, compliments, comments, or otherwise are to be addressed to the Village office.
The Village Office is open 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Contact information is as follows:
In-Person: 115 Slocan Avenue, New Denver
Mail: PO Box 40, New Denver, BC V0G 1S0