Information from Interior Health about types of drinking water advisories can be viewed online HERE.
Check out the Interior Health water advisory map to search the entire Interior Health region for current drinking water advisories, and to learn more about water suppliers, the types of advisories, and reasons for these advisories. Available online HERE.
Water Quality Advisories
- There is some level of risk associated with consuming the drinking water.
- The risk is elevated for people with weakened immune systems.
- A boil water notice is not needed.
- As a precaution, it is recommended that young children, the elderly, and people with weak immune systems drink boiled water or a safe alternative.
Boil Water Notices
- There are organisms in the water that can make you sick.
- To safely consume (swallow) the water, you must bring it to a rolling boil on a stovetop for at least 60 seconds, to kill these harmful organisms, or use an alternate, safe source of water.
Denver Siding Water Quality Advisory
Effective August 18, 2023
THE DENVER SIDING AREA OF THE NEW DENVER WATER SYSTEM HAS BEEN ISSUED AN ADVISORY DUE TO: RESULTS OF WEEKLY WATER SAMPLES
This is a voluntary, precautionary notice, not an Order from the Province.
We are conducting additional tests to isolate areas of vulnerability and resolve the issue.
People with weakened immune systems, and/or wishing additional protection should take precautions when drinking, washing fruits & vegetables, making beverages or ice, or when brushing teeth.
Until notified, these users are advised to:
- Bring water to a rolling boil for at least 1 minute, or
- Use an alternate, safe source of water.
For more information contact the Village Office at 250-358-2316 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out www.drinkingwaterforeveryone.ca to learn more about water suppliers and current drinking water advisories